View Single Post
Old 16-08-2017, 21:34   #71
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Upstream channel bonding: Any plans to bond more than 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm_tech View Post
For additional downstream frequencies, a license has to be purchased from
The CMTS provider. So makes no sense financially to run at full capacity unless necessary.
Exactly. VM pay for every downstream channel they turn up. With that in mind running with the fewest feasible downstreams is a good call.

The node my property is connected to, for example, only has about a hundred premises on it right now as the build is incomplete, so runs on 16 channels. I will play my part in triggering an upgrade by subscribing to the business 'Voom' 350/20 service, waiting on the next business service to come along.

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
That's an important pointer to the remedies in VM's capacity management toolkit.
Same for every other provider realistically.

When 24 downstream channels are inadequate for an area they will either have to split the node, which they may do via a remote PHY solution, or deliver DOCSIS 3.1 to offload heavy users from the 3.0 platform.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote