View Single Post
Old 27-08-2019, 19:36   #1075
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
ITV, the largest non-state, non-subscription service in the country isn't a major owner of content? They just broadcast thousands of hours of nothing per month? They produce, and own the rights to, plenty of content.

You're, unsurprisingly, clinging to the ridiculous now.
Of course they own content, but they will no longer be able to buy in content because it will go to the streamers.

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I just spotted a further Old Boy classic.

when the TV licence is scrapped

There we have it. All this chat has almost nothing to do with diversity of content, emerging tech or a brave and exciting future. It's Old Boy and his preference to dismantle almost anything state funded in favour of the private sector. Regardless of whether this is overseas companies or not.

The biggest barrier to this, of course, is the notion you can buy a television in this country plug it in and watch the BBC.

His fantasy is only fulfilled if linear goes because the BBC will have to be there if it continues to exist.
And there we have it. Everything I have said about this subject is related to how things are going. You and others have tried to personalise this into framing my views on what the future will look like as what I want!

I think there are a few of you on here who are just trolling and stirring up trouble.

Boris Johnson commented only the other day about converting the TV licence into a subscription, so if you want to blame anyone, blame the government.

Blaming me for stating it is simply ridiculous.

What has your 'notion' got to do with it? If the government legislate, your notion is shot to pieces.