Thread: 500M 500mb Question
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 13:23   #87
SimonB79
Inactive

SimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enough
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
that's got nothing to do with it, you need to do a wired test first to ascertain what your maximum achievable speed is and then you should be able to get that over wireless as well. If you can get full speed (350mbit tier) of around 378mbits then you will be looking to get that over wireless as well (I can) and similarly if there is a congestion issue on VM's network and you can only get 200mbits wired for example, then that is all you are going to get wireless as well.
You have got to remember that the wireless connection is only from the device to the router and from the router it is a wired/cabled connection all across VM's network and beyond. Your wireless may be top notch but if you are doing a speed test or establishing any kind of connection outside of your lan the transfer speed will be as fast as the weakest link. As an example, if you tried to download something from me I can upload at 3MB/sec so that is all you are going to get. This is why you always need to do a wired test when diagnosing connection problems.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 🍻 - good advice as usual GM! 🤓

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

just did an Ethernet speedtest via Edinburgh and got 250 / 36 😑 .... so looks like it’s my connection rather then WiFi 🧐 .... should have thought summit was up cause my NAS WiFi file transfers are about 800Mbps! ☺️

oh well lol! 😂
SimonB79 is offline   Reply With Quote