View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 18:51   #28
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Is piracy on the way out and will VM and Sky benefit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Speaking from personal experience of my Family & Friends, the cost of one service (such as Netflix) is not the issue.

The problem is that to be able to watch everything you actually want to see, you need Netflix, Prime, Sky and some US ones we cannot even access in the UK.

If you only needed to pay for one source, you would eliminate a lot of illegal sharing.
Thats [part of] the appeal of torrent sites - you only need to go to one source for all your programmes.
Of course, that's where Sky, Virgin Media, et al can help. If they provided bundles of SVOD services the same way as they do with scheduled pay tv channels, you would only have to pay one subscription for the lot, and presumably at a cheaper price than if you subscribed to each service separately.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Although once in a while with torrenting I get an email off Sky advising the content is being shared illegally naming the title of what I downloaded. Mostly just TV episodes.
I think you should be careful, Stephen. Clearly, they can identify you, and although to date they have been concentrating on the big players, sooner or later, they will go for the punters. The compensation they will be after will be considerable and will far outweigh the benefits of free or discounted viewing you have been able to access to date.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote