View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 10:23   #6322
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
If you had a lemonade stall and I started selling lemonade 50 yards down the road at 5/8ths of the price, do you think you'd keep the same number of customers you had yesterday?
That is not a correct analogy. Max asked a question relating to the comment that muppetman would be paying more fot the same content he was getting now (ie if he subscribed now to the new Apple+ app).

Given that Apple+ is not actually taking any content away from elsewhere, MM is looking at this incorrectly. The true position is that he would be paying more for additional content. That was Max's point.

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No surprise with that analysis Chad as perhaps some will take their rose-colored glasses off now and accept real reality rather then their own one eyed agenda.
Maybe you should take off your blinkers and realise that ultimately the linear channels will not be there, so you will not have that expense. However, you will have a lot more choice.

Sport is a different matter, though - it is difficult to work out at the moment how that will settle down. I think that it will be those who want a range of sport (boxing, football, rugby, cricket, horse racing, wrestling (&#128513, darts, etc) that will end up paying more on present trends. However, if you just want the footie, this might be less as you will be paying for that and not the other sport as well as you do with Sky Sport. However, I would be surprised if discounted rates did not apply if you took a range of sports on Virgin, Sky or BT. Anything can happen there, I'd say.

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
Area 12 still has no Prime App.
Nor has area 31.

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
To my mind, this just accelerates the likelihood of all the scheduled channels attached to Britbox being closed down earlier and all the content put on there.

Britbox has to survive because that is how the major terrestrials will be disseminating their material just over a decade from now.