Thread: Amazon The Boys
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 13:19   #40
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: The Boys

I think their are pros and cons and it all depends on the type of series. There are series like GoT which have a very specific story to tell and it will take as many or as few episodes as it needs. Then you have got series like SG1 and Star Trek which are weekly adventures with an overlaying story arc. Even though you have your midseason fillers I do enjoy "full" seasons for those kind of series, they allow you to develop characters, expand the environments they exist in and make the universe more believalbe. Grey's Anatomy is a good example of a current series like that, it has been going 16 seasons and there has never been a bad episode. Sometimes when you restrict a season to 8-10 episodes you run the risk of not developing the story enough to make the world/universe realistic. Scifi series are most at risk of this due to production costs and these are the series which require more depth and exploration. I loved what they for Mars in season 4 of The Expanse but that was for a different reason.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote