Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2021, 17:19   #7633
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I see the old ‘gotcha’ mentality is still alive and kicking.

I mean, who cares?
As others have said, if you set the rules, you have to be squeaky clean following them, or you will look like you expect others to do as you say but not do the same.

This may well have been allowed, but potentially not in the best taste in the circumstances. Like all the other technicalities from the pandemic like Cummings, Jenrick, Hancock etc etc. Perhaps all allowed on some sort of loophole but definitely not in the general spirit the rules were there for.

When your response is being criticised, and received a fair amount of such at the time too, for being too slow and not hard enough, as well as giving out multi million pound contracts to your friends with little experience or suitability to do the job, as well as this, it doesn't make you look good, and gradually erodes the public support for what you're doing. Yes it was uncharted territory, but, that doesn't excuse not following the clear rules you expected others to follow.

It's just another to add to the list of shame and I'm a Tory and (reasonably speaking) pro-Johnson.