Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2019, 20:08   #1601
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
What's with the word police? We all knew what the post meant. Maybe he should have used an obscure french word instead

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

A contradiction surely.

He 1) doesn't support his constituents (against Remain), 2) he doesn't support his country (for Hard Brexit) and 3) he does not support his party (voted against Mrs May)

Apart from this, he is a great MP ...
The only true bit about this comment is (1), because it is correct to say that the majority of his constituents voted to remain. However, as most thinking people appreciate, the electorate was promised that the result of the referendum would be honoured. Clearly, he is an honorable man because he is trying to honour that promise.

As for (2), there are many Brexiteers who do not agree with the pessimistic view that leaving without a deal would be a disaster, because it would not be. Rather, it would give us the opportunity to trade on our own terms, free from EU tariff policies, suffocating bureaucracy and legislation which hampers businesses' ability to function.

And in relation to (3), it is perfectly honorable to Brexit without being closely tied to EU policies and obligations as it is to have a bridging arrangement to smooth the transition.

Both the ERG and Theresa May are trying to help us leave the EU. The true disrupters are the remainers who are trying to prevent the will of the electorate. Shame on them.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The register of members interests will show that, all of those I've named, make far more from outside activity than they do from being an MP. I don't think that's an astonishing accusation in any way. It's a matter of public record.

Being a rational capitalist that I am if I had two jobs and one paid me four times the other, regardless of time commitment required, I know which I'd have more 'focus' on when it came to legislating on economic matters.
They get paid for their expertise. Can you justify your comment that those being paid from outside activity are doing less than those who don't?

As a Redwood constituent, I can tell you that I have raised a number of issues with him and received prompt and helpful responses. Xso I think your perception is completely wrong. Some people have an enormous capacity for work.