Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2019, 19:24   #1594
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Okay I shouldn't have made such a sweeping generalisation. I think enough are that at risk Tories from a Brexit party and at risk Labour MPs in majority leave voting constituencies.

I don't think that the Rees-Moggs, Redwoods, Johnsons, Goves, Raabs of this world are in politics to make the world a better place. All of them are independently wealthy and on the payroll of think-tanks, newspapers, etc. Johnson himself described the £100 000 financial interest in a flat he has as "chicken feed" - one can only assume he thinks the same of his backbench MP salary?
Well if all these are already millionaires then surely they haven’t gone into politics for the money, they must be doing it for the altruism of civic duty?

In regards to wealthy MPs, I doubt you’ll find many from any party that are on the bread line.