Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2019, 12:13   #1580
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I don't - I think a (reasonably sized) minority may be, but that the majority of politicians get into politics because they want improve things for people and the country, but we sometimes differ (due to our outlook) because their thoughts on what would improve things may not be the same as ours.

I've known quite a few MPs, and most of them worked long hours (through the week and weekends), and often didn't see much of their families.
Okay I shouldn't have made such a sweeping generalisation. I think enough are that at risk Tories from a Brexit party and at risk Labour MPs in majority leave voting constituencies.

I don't think that the Rees-Moggs, Redwoods, Johnsons, Goves, Raabs of this world are in politics to make the world a better place. All of them are independently wealthy and on the payroll of think-tanks, newspapers, etc. Johnson himself described the £100 000 financial interest in a flat he has as "chicken feed" - one can only assume he thinks the same of his backbench MP salary?