Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 31-03-2019, 16:44   #884
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit (New).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
To my mind, the conditions that the EU wants to impose if we crash out and then wish to open trade talks are too onerous for the UK to accept. I believe that they chucked the £39 billion in as well.

Should we have a Leave PM, then we can say no to the EU bullies;,we’ve already announced our tariffs and all that will settle down.

The only other sensible course is to remain in the EU and constantly prick them with our picador sticks. The edifice May crumble anyway given the fact that the Euro is not properly underpinned by across-EU assets and fiscal policies.

Unfortunately we have a largly remain parliment, how seem to be going against the leavers.

WE need a massive deselection of MPs

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
How anyone can believe a poll of (on average) 2000 people reflects the entire nation is beyond me.

As Mick says, the only poll that matters is the one with the cross in the box

The trouble is the reaminers can't accept the result, and still come out with the same what have you got to be scared of with a second referendum.

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Bringing the Queen into it would be a disaster and a huge mistake for the Monarchy and given how the Queen has handled her role I suspect she knows that and will stay well clear.

The Queen has no power over parliment thanks to Charles the first and Oliver Cromwell days.