View Single Post
Old 18-03-2019, 17:58   #1
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Many Android anti-virus apps are useless.

If a passing Mod wants to move this thread please feel free to do so as I'm not sure if this is the right place to give this link.

AV Comparatives tested 250 Android anti-virus apps and the results published this month are interesting. Well at least they were to me.

Quote:
snippet... we found the malware protection of almost 40% of the tested Android AV apps to be inappropriate.

To help owners of Android devices to distinguish between genuine, effective Android antivirus apps on the one hand, and dubious/ineffective ones on the other, AV-Comparatives have again tested the effectiveness of antimalware programs for Android, in the 2019 Android Test.
Quote:
Snippet from the Conclusion

Some of the Android security products in our test blocked so few of the malware samples– in some cases literally none – that they cannot reasonably be described as anti-malware apps. Compared to last year, we found even more apps using only black/whitelists as a detection mechanism. In fact, even though we tested 46 additional apps this year, the number of apps which we consider “usable” has stayed the same. 55% of the tested apps offered insufficient malware protection. Furthermore, we also found 16 apps that have not been migrated to Android 8 properly, decreasing their protection capabilities on newer Android versions........
https://www.av-comparatives.org/test...2019-250-apps/