View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 11:20   #537
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think that what you are missing is the fact that we don't need to reduce the amount of viewing on linear channels to 0% before they are abandoned. A big shift in linear TV viewing has already happened and the number of hours people are spending watching on demand programming and streaming is continuing to increase. We are reaching a point at which conventionally broadcast channels will start closing down in significant numbers.

By the way, yet another report on this which notes that we are closer than ever to the 'inflection point'. Well within the period I have set out in my prediction.

https://advanced-television.com/2019...tipping-point/

Think you will find a big split between young (watching streaming on their phones and tablets) and old (mainly way pitching linear to channels) generations.

As you have stated 'we are reaching a point at whivpch conventionally broadcast channels will start closing down in significant numbers' I presume the end of the world is nigh.

You cannot hide behind your interpretation of future.