View Single Post
Old 24-01-2019, 14:06   #533
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Yet ITV survived the crisis.

The key part you (and your digital marketing sources) persistently fail to demonstrate is ceases to be economic or worthwhile. That level is tiny for someone who already owns and distributes the content via other means.
ITV did survive the crisis, but it was a close call. If that is your argument, that ITV survived the crisis, it is an extremely weak one. It will certainly be a worse crisis if viewership continues to fall.

As far as your fixation with me having to 'demonstrate' everything to you is concerned, maybe you should ask the BBC why it disagrees with your proposition. They are certainly more authoritative than I am! Maybe instead, you can quote me the cost of running a linear TV channel like ITV. No, I thought not.

In the meantime, SVOD viewing continues to rise and rise.

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2019...ear-in-the-uk/

That's BARB, by the way, not a marketing company.