View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 15:05   #1
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point
Connectivity problems whilst streaming

I stream films/shows from my computer to my Sony TV via a Flat Cat 5E patch cable. I use Emby as my server, though I have used Plex and Jellyfin in the past. So my problem is that I'm suffering a lot from buffering and I lose my connection sometimes. It states connected, but says no internet. The only way to get back my connection is to reboot my computer. Could these two issues be related? What can I do to try and find the root cause? While I was trying Plex, I would get the brief message of "your broadband speed is not fast enough" or words to that effect, though I don't see that on Emby.

I assume there could be a multitude of reasons, and I don't even know if I have posted in the correct forum, but could someone point me in the right direction of where to look first? This has been going on far too long.

If you have any answers, please spell it out on what to do,as I am lacking in the computer/networking area.

My broadband quality monitor graph(Thinkbroadband) looks OK to me, though I'm no expert.

Running Windows 11
BB 350/35
Hub 3.0
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote