View Single Post
Old 24-10-2019, 17:56   #6221
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

People who don't do their jobs. I've been fielding complaints from users, directed at me personally because I manage the system we use to deploy software. In this case, they have requested new software, but I can't deploy it because this person (who is the first person to throw me under the bus given half the chance) hasn't told me hasn't told me he has created a deployment for the software, tested it, or given me access to it. Unfortunately, I can't do much because he outranks me (he is on a different team, but is at the same level as my boss). He is apparently ignoring my boss.

Still, on the plus side, I am on a Health and Safety committee with him. Despite the face he is dealing with potentially dangerous equipment and I am not, I turn up to every meeting I can, and submit all my paperwork on line . He did not. Our previous Health and Safety manager never did anything about this. I don't know what happened, but at the first meeting since the new H&S manager took over, the secretary who was taking the minutes noted he had never turned up for a meeting. The H&S manager said "Thank you". He was at the next meeting, with a face like thunder, and has turned up for every one since.

The funny thing it, I don't think he is lazy. He just takes on so many responsibilities that are strictly speaking not part of his job that he doesn't have time to do his job, and he is someone that turns up at 9am and leaves dead on 5 (not saying this is a bad thing, it's not - he has every right to leave at his contracted finishing time).

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Mistakenly throwing away my locking wheel nut for the car... Citreon want 75 notes for a new one... gulp!
That's scary, but a friend of mine did one better.. He accidentally threw out his Wife's wedding dress.. He was not in a good place for weeks after that.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote