View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 20:59   #3
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: When will Sky UK start switching off SD for Pay TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I stumbled across this article just now
https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018...s-sd-channels/

Sky Deutschland started the process toward switching off SD channels in November last year with messages on-screen and activating HD for all customers free of charge.

They had the advantage of all their customers having HD capable boxes, I don't know how close to this Sky UK is.

Just wondering what people thought on the matter. When will Sky UK switch off SD versions of their Pay TV channels?
I presume you're referring to channels that have HD versions? I think it won't happen any time soon. I still watch most of GOLD on SD simply because I like the full picture screen rather than it squashed into the middle.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote