View Single Post
Old 27-08-2019, 21:36   #1740
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Glad you've now accepted there's plenty of capacity on the network, Richard!
Don't start all that again.

A new (Government funded?) FTA channel to teach immigrants English is to start:

If it does turn out to be Government funded, i'm assuming that it will be made available across all platforms.

It will show programmes such as Only Fools & Horses, Midsommer Murders and Fawlty Towers and aim to 'help the 844,000 people – 1.6% of the population – living in the UK who speak little or no English. At around £2million a year, it would prove a “cost-effective” way of teaching people who can’t afford lessons or access daytime classes'.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
AMC is only available to a relatively small percentage of viewers but I would hardly describe it as a niche channel. Have you looked at their schedules? Tomorrow, for example, they are screening Mad Men, Law and Order, The Road (2009 thriller), Push (2006 thriller), NOS4A2 (new series), Hap and Leonard, Jungle (2017 adventure film) and Zoom In.

I wouldn't describe any of that programming as designed for a niche audience, Richard.
Fair enough, I still can't understand why it's still only on BT TV though. I don't think that AMC would usually be a deciding factor when choosing pay TV providers and would have thought that AMC wouldn't be happy at their shows receiving such limited exposure.

Perhaps they're just happy to take the money for exclusivity and can then resell their content to other channels for their customers who won't have seen it.

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Has the Smithsonian Channel gone down for anyone else?

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 27-08-2019 at 21:18.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote