View Single Post
Old 27-08-2019, 20:04   #1736
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I think that the only channel that VM now doesn't have that would be attention & subscriber grabbing would be Sky Atlantic. Even AMC & MTV Classics are pretty niche channels.

A shortage of capacity preventing the launch of new channels is no longer an issue. Despite the total capacity being reduced, VM are taking steps to make more efficient use of the capacity that they have left e.g. changing over to MPEG4, closing duplicate SD channels, squeezing more channels into each transponder etc.

I take your point about the shopping channels being used to beef up the total amount of channels available.
AMC is only available to a relatively small percentage of viewers but I would hardly describe it as a niche channel. Have you looked at their schedules? Tomorrow, for example, they are screening Mad Men, Law and Order, The Road (2009 thriller), Push (2006 thriller), NOS4A2 (new series), Hap and Leonard, Jungle (2017 adventure film) and Zoom In.

I wouldn't describe any of that programming as designed for a niche audience, Richard.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote