View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 17:12   #1
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Black Flakes in Washing Machine drum.

I have started getting large black flakes in the washing machine drum, similar to the picture below, the picture isn't from my machine.

What i have tried to do in this order to stop it happening.

1. Ran 2x washes at 90c with washing detergent, no clothes in.
2. Took all the waste pipes off and cleaned them.
3. Ran with Dr. Beckmanns Service-it washing machine cleaner.
4. Cleaned around the rubber seal really well and running step 3 again.

My guess is these really thin flakes are coming from the back of the drum its not sludge or rubber, so i think it is possibly black limescale as i am in a hard water area, the flakes are bigger than the holes in the drum so not sure how they get there, unless its coming past the rubber seal.

I am not comfortable taking the machine apart to investigate so if step 4 doesn't fix it what else can i do/buy to get it sorted?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IIYher-X2uvlPtv_C1FQEHkeYX2fwIvwrPXSMxlQhAE.jpg (82.4 KB, 24 views)