View Single Post
Old 23-02-2018, 16:15   #1280
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I haven't heard of it before but it sounds great. I am so glad that scifi is making such a massive comeback these days because once SG1 & BSG finished in ~2008 we were starved and had nothing decent for years.
Depends on the definition of sci-fi and personally I group all fantasy type stuff under the scifi banner, so Game of Thrones and Walking Dead would come under this label.

There has been a deluge of both scifi and fantasy shows, so I don't see how we are starved, but I suppose it depends on what you like.

There are just a few shows over the last eight years that come under scifi or fantasy banners that I think are worth a try for those that have not seen them:

The Expanse
Tru Blood
Awake
The Returned/Resurrection
The 100
Into the Badlands
Revolution
Colony
Falling Skies
Outcast
Outlander
Extant
Supernatural
Revolution
V

Some of the superheroes stuff, and obviously its not just a deluge of these type of shows, but a flood.

There's tons of stuff. In a sense, we're in a golden age of tv, the problem is not lack of shows, but finding them and having enough time to watch them all.