View Single Post
Old 13-01-2021, 10:49   #2456
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S Election 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
There you go again, Andrew. Just as with Brexit, you're taking the other side's viewpoint. A thug is a thug, whether or not misled by Trump. And thugs are ****. Those invading the Capitol were largely **** - there might have been some weak minded individuals who might be described as "running dogs".

I note you didn't pull Mick up who called the Democrats "****".
It's dehumanising to label any group **** whoever uses the label, be it you or Mick. My previous post said "call anyone" which covers Democrats and Republicans. When you start to dehumanise your opponents, you're on a slippery slope. "Dehumanization is one technique in incitement to genocide.[ It has also been used to justify war, judicial and extrajudicial killing, slavery, the confiscation of property, denial of suffrage and other rights, and to attack enemies or political opponents." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehumanization

I have no issue in describing the armed insurgents as thugs.

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I think the democrats are blinded by their hatred for donny, he'll be an open sore for the republican party that they should just allow to fester and rot
Agreed. They should let the pro and anti Trump factions fight it out whilst they focus on recovering the country.