View Single Post
Old 13-01-2021, 09:39   #2450
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: U.S Election 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Far stretch that McConnell said any of this at all. Fake News. Like other political pundits have said. I believe it when I see it. Siding with Democrat ****, would be costly to Republicans in the longer term.

---------- Post added at 07:43 ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 ----------

During Brett Kavanaugh hearing protests on Capital Hill were hot tempered and Democrat talk at the time, sounded no different to how Trump spoke last week. In 2018, Democrat Vice President-elect, Harris, summarised the protests:

Surely this was incitement to insurrection by Dems during Kavanaugh hearings?
McConnell’s comments are reported in the NY Times. He’s well within his rights to demand a retraction or threaten a libel action - or even just issue a denial by press release - if their report does not in fact represent his views. I don’t think he will, because I think the NY Times is only publishing what it’s sure of.

Dick Cheney’s daughter, who is House GOP, will vote to impeach (as will several others). The NY Times believes 20 GOP senators would vote to convict Trump if he was impeached. Only 17 need do so to secure the 67% support required to convict.

The prize for moderate republicans appears to be the Senate’s ability to punish Trump by barring him from office. There are those who want to move on from Trump who believe the party will be unable to do so as long as he continues to threaten to run in 2024.

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

YouTube becomes the latest to put the boot in to Trump:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55643774

His account is suspended for a minimum of 7 days for inciting violence contrary to their T&Cs.