View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 10:44   #12
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: 2018 price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
No, your Retentions price will be at the old prices - you will be ‘eligible’ for any forthcoming general price increase.
Great, it's ' nice to be eligible for a price rise !

It really would be incredibly cheeky (and risky) to increase prices for existing customers in the near future. They must have made a saving from not having UKTV !

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
I had a (probably similar) "what do you think of us" type survey at the start of last week - I'm assuming it was triggered by my call to retentions the Thursday before UKTV stuff kicked off.

My answers won't have made for a happy read either. Whilst a lot of my frustrations have died down now, I'm still not comfortable recommending VM to anyone at the moment.

I presume that any new 12month price term set before this price rise is sent out, will override the increase...
I also negotiated a new deal and paid line saver rental just before the UKTV announcement ! However rang up again yesterday and got a very much better deal after mentioning UKTV. £50 credit and an extra £10 loyalty discount on top of the £8 discount I was already getting. Took very little negotiating/hassle - it was just offered straight away. Always worth a phone call....

Does make you wonder with all the discounts they are having to offer, plus customers lost, plus negative publicity whether this whole UKTV debacle was worth it.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote