View Single Post
Old 17-12-2018, 09:52   #4855
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I've already told you I don't buy into all this removal of third party content from platforms but I'll go along with you for now.

You are suggesting Disney/Fox , Warner Media , Comcast/Sky all go alone with streaming products direct to the consumer.

You then go on to discuss problems for Sky so what happens to Virgin and BT how do they survive ?

In TV the big global players will be the following in my opinion

Disney/Fox
Comcast
Warner Media
Amazon
Netflix
Apart from anything else, they will be offering bundles of SVOD services including those you mention, thus securing the desired content for BT and Virgin as well as for Sky.

I also think that over time, those programmes more than two or three years old will no longer be exclusive to those sites, enabling other streaming services to show them as part of their subscription offering. It won't happen immediately as these sites fill up with content and they try to establish themselves, but I think that will come eventually to maximise the monetisation of their content.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 17-12-2018 at 10:00.