View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 08:38   #4253
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Very interesting, and the first real sign that ultimately, the price of football on TV will fall with time.

People have been finding it difficult to believe how any company could move in, pay for the PL rights and provide a cheaper service than Sky. I have given some examples but these did no include the 'no frills without the pundits' idea, which would save a lot of money by itself.

The game needs disrupters like this for the benefit of the viewers.
Can't argue with you. I know people have brought up the cost of broadcasting Premiership football as a reason why it wouldn't be cost effective for the likes of Amazon to bid for the rights but the DAZN model could work. The Premier League broadcast each game globally. Amazon could just use the international feed rather than sending their own camera's to the games. I'm sure the Premier Leagues International feed also includes English commentary so Amazon wouldn't need a dedicated commentary team either.

I wonder how much SKY and BT fork out per game on camera crews, production staff, commentators, presenters and pundits?