Thread: Smart meter
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 15:25   #25
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of
Re: Smart meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
I hate our smart meter. Since installed our electricity bills are 70% higher. It's been replaced once (10% high reading to monitored). The techie checking meter blames our solar PV inverter saying it's drawing lots of current. A solar PV company we called (installer of ours when out of business) says that's nonsense as inverter will use DC from panels. Our system is still working well (over 100% according to BG) but something is odd.
We have daily readings since 2012 so can see the jump from when smart meter installed. I think I need to get Which? involved as trying myself is going in circles.

(Of course it's possible the previous meter was reading low or supply up to inverter didn't go via meter so if it is drawing wouldn't get monitored but even then it shouldn't draw that much surely.)
Had smart meters installed a few years ago and my bills didn't go up at all.
Changed supplier twice since having them installed and still not had increase in bills apart from standard tariff increases, but that's when it's time to change!
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote