Thread: US Timeline The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 19-11-2019, 22:45   #36
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: The Mandalorian

I had assumed it would be a weekly 1 hour episode, but I've enjoyed these short ones. Maybe their market research shows that's what more ppl want, people are too busy? Netflix are doing those trials to watching things at slighly faster speeds to watch more tv in a shorter space of time!

it depends what you mean -

stretching either episode 1 or 2 into 1 hr could have been bad, i.e. padding between the good bit. - that's what i meant would cost more to make

but yes, if you mean ep1 and ep2 could have been one one hour and a bit episode, then yes that would work.

I'm just thinking maybe they wanted to avoid shows like Lost, Walking dead, where you're shouting at the screen "get on with it, do something, this talking is boring now"

or, perhaps they were thinking of the popularity of binge watching, so more short episodes is irrelevant

Maybe season 2 will be more traditional US style 22 episodes 45mins season now they know ppl like it, i.e. this who season is just a teaser?
admars is offline   Reply With Quote