Thread: Tivo V6 Horizon UI
View Single Post
Old 30-05-2018, 22:07   #66
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Horizon UI

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
So now Liberty Global has sold its media business in the rest of Europe to Vodafone and leaving it pretty much with only its Virgin brand in the UK ( and Ireland bolted on to the side). So what is the future for the Horizon interface now that Vodafone will be using the new Tivo Hydra, like they already are in Spain.
Looks like, as it stands now only Ireland will be using Liberty's Horizon as pretty much the whole of the main European markets will be staying with or moving to Tivo (Virgin UK) /Tivo Hydra (Vodafone Europe).
With only Virgin Ireland using the aging Horizon after the Vodafone/ Tivo Hydra transition in the other European markets, will still moving Virgin UK to the Horizon platform be a forward step??
I hope you're right. I've been banging on about the new TiVo Hydra UI for a while and it always seemed like a much easier upgrade path for VM as well as a better transition for customers. I personally like the look much better than what I have seen of the Horizon UI too, it's much cleaner and more modern.

Fingers crossed for Hydra!
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote