View Single Post
Old 30-11-2020, 16:57   #1572
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
I love dipping in and out of this thread, always makes me chuckle

So broadcast TV is slowly dying, that cant be argued. Viewers on average are down and ad revenue is slowly declining, especially in this current Covid world... but heres the deal... Broadcast is so critical to service suppliers like Sky, ITV and others because a huge portion of their income comes from advertising revenue. If these providers move more towards a full on demand service and whittle away their broadcast channels then they will feel the fit in revenue.

On demand is booming, it will continue to overtake the broadcast market but broadcast will probably be here for the very long term. As someone who is actively working on next generation technology that includes broadcast services, i can happily confirm that broadcast TV will certainly be around on the Virgin Media network for many years to come.
OB will be along soon to tell you you're wrong the fairies at the bottom of his garden know better than us in the industry