View Single Post
Old 28-11-2020, 12:53   #1566
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, if you’ve seen something significant that tells you that Channel 4 will not move over to streaming only in the long term, I will bow to your superior knowledge, but you haven’t made that argument.

I have provided a link to back up what I think, and it is one of many in relation to a streaming only future.
Hmm a random link or a actual contract document i know which one i believe.

Streaming is certainly going to grow quite rapidly no-one is disputing that but the big 5 channels are going nowhere from tradiotional tv methods.
Channel 4 already has it's own online live tv streaming in place via the all4 app and has done for quite awhile i will give you a snippet of what we had in the documents awhile back obviously i can't give too much out "we Channel Four Television Corporation propose to increase our spend on our over the air channels with intention to grow in HD on those platforms we propose (Sattelite, Terrestial and online)"
I think that puts that link to bed OB.

Last edited by Legendkiller2k; 28-11-2020 at 12:58.