View Single Post
Old 17-05-2008, 00:05   #6759
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
You have to wonder about privacy when.........

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05...ion_directive/
This actually isn't new and is the result of European Law way back from 2004/2005. The difference is the ISP are only permitted to log the url's you visit not the content. It also covers email headers (not content).

So even the government "snooping" party is less invasive than Phorm and even though the data is retained the police still need a warrant to access it. The changes to RIPA mentioned in the article re: cell phones last October is the very reason I cancelled my contract phone of 8 years. I have recently rejoined the cell phone crowd though, but this time I am on an unregistered SIM and will remain so. Good for me (saves me a fortune in contract fees and protects my privacy) bad for the mobile provider (they lose my guaranteed income each month).

Alexander Hanff