View Single Post
Old 13-10-2018, 20:18   #37
G4v1n
Inactive

G4v1n is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Does downgrading put you into a new contract?

Just to follow up a couple of months later - finally got around to removing the telly part of my contract as I literally don't use it any more having long since moved over to streaming and downloading TV shows.

Switched over to a 30 day rolling broadband contract of the same speed rating as my existing broadband so should just be a case of my TV dropping off in a few weeks time whereupon I can get rid of my V+ box .... it's pretty outdated these days plus it seems to be pretty power hungry, will be happy to remove it.

Apart from a very long-winded wait to get to the point where I could speak to a rep you could remove it (just over 30 mins start to finish on my second attempt, my first call seemed to get dropped after 8 mins in) it was pretty easy to get the change done - no haggling which was a relief as I was getting extremely fed up with the 'on holds' and tolerance for someone trying to sell me another TV contract was non-existent.

Should have done it months ago - the savings will more than pay for my Amazon, Netflix and NowTV streaming services and I have access to BT TV to stream to my Chromecast.
G4v1n is offline   Reply With Quote