View Single Post
Old 22-06-2018, 13:54   #5378
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Built-in oven's blown its element. I was waiting for it to get to the right temperature to bake some bread and suddenly there was a loud fizzing noise. When I looked over it was glowing yellow at the back with blue flickering so I quickly turned it off before it could blow a fuse.

Good thing I hadn't actually put the bread in. I cooked it in my worktop small oven/grill unit instead. Tight squeeze and needed a foil cap to stop it burning on the exposed element but did OK.

Found out the oven manual where I've noted the spare part numbers and types of element that fit. Fortunately although the oven was marketed by B&Q with the kitchen as "Banquet Cuisine" underneath its "Homark" and it's a common part across a range of other brands. Have to get one ordered up, around £21 last time so not too bad.
First time the element went in my oven, I called someone in to replace it - and was charged around a 100 quid.. I'd been watching him, and it took 10 minutes.... and thought, that's not that hard, I can do that!
So next time I ordered the element myself and did it, in pretty much the same amount of time - though I did get stumped by the bolt on the fan needing to be turned the opposite way to usual to take it off...

As an electrical engineer you no doubt have far more confidence for this kind of stuff
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote