View Single Post
Old 15-06-2018, 19:04   #20
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Cold call with a threatening tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
From the fact that I just received a call from Switzerland - to which I have never been and therefore there should not be anyone there who knows my number - I deduce that this problem is Europe-wide, if not global.
What was the call / did you know who was behind it in the end?

Quote:
Ofcom and any "regulatory" bodies are clearly not enough. Refusing to answer such calls isn't a solution. The basic problem needs to be addressed:

HOW DO THESE PEOPLE OBTAIN OUR NUMBERS, HOW CAN THEY BE STOPPED FROM DOING SO, AND HOW CAN UK COMPANIES APPARENTLY IGNORE THE TELEPHONE PREFERENCE SERVICE WITH WHICH I'VE BEEN SIGNED UP SINCE I FIRST BOUGHT A MOBILE?!
Again, this really would have to depend upon the call - did they know who you even are only they could just be punching numbers onto a phone.

They may also have the number if it has just been recycled / gone to you.

Was it an actual cold call. Also, they may not be from Switzerland, it may just be a spoof. (From a different area altogether).

Was the call just a cold call or did they actually say anything?
Chloé Palmas is offline   Reply With Quote