View Single Post
Old 14-06-2018, 19:25   #17
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Cold call with a threatening tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
If it is anyone genuinely needing to get in touch they simply have to send a text explaining who they are and the reason for calling. Even then I still have a choice of whether to talk to them or not
If it is from a landline? (Just curious here, though it seems a good idea - your policy that is).

I usually have someone screen my calls for me (like my EA) though that gets expensive. (Paying the EA is one thing but the list of chargable work goes through the roof).

I think with most latest phones (both software and hardware) you can block individual groups of numbers that you do not wish to receive messages from.

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
If I recognise the number then I take the call. Otherwise they get to talk to the answerphone if I haven't blacklisted the number.
Yeah that is an option, too - let it go to voice mail / message bank etc...rather than the proposals, such as:

Quote:
IMO cold calling should be made a criminal offence on the company CEO that the call is being made for. A weeks jail for every call to run consecutively.

That'll put a stop to it.
Advocating that CEO's of companies go to jail.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
Ofcom needs to bloody well DO SOMETHING!!!
That is the kind of civil recourse (that is available) that I am talking about.

It is a sensible way forward that does not include the crazy "throw them in jail" approach.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Ofcom takes a dim view of these sorts of calls and will happily receive a report.
Right...just a simple regulatory procedure. Takes a little effort and once you make your report most of the work is done by the regulator - this is what they are there for.
Chloé Palmas is offline   Reply With Quote