View Single Post
Old 13-06-2018, 20:21   #18
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: SNP Protest & Walkout of House of Commons during PMQs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
I was watching it and from what I recall the speaker asked if he wanted the vote now or at the end.

https://youtu.be/a8HdxaTh2lc around 1:45
Bercow clearly believed that he had to give Blackford the choice at first, but on advice from the officials present, understood that he had the authority to defer the vote to the end of PMQs.

Blackford fancies himself as a procedural hack but he was out-played. He was granted his vote, but not immediately. I don’t think he anticipated that. I do think the mass walk out was primed however, to be triggered under any of several possible outcomes.

What a shame that so many Scottish voters had no representation at Parliament’s most important weekly event, all because of childish grandstanding by desperate Nats who are still trying, and failing, to whip up outrage over Westminster’s desire to retain control over food labelling post-Brexit.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote