View Single Post
Old 29-09-2017, 12:27   #485
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Venezuela, here we come, then

I can't believe you'd want to inflict that on all of us and your family. It's time to behave more responsibility.

I didn't say anything about how I was going to vote? I pointed out that more and more people are tempted by Labour because the Tories are failing so hard. This is simple fact, and your opinion or mine is irrelevant.

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
So if Corbyn hasn't got the solution for these problems why are people thinking about voting for his party and their totally unrealistic objectives and, frankly, lies?
It worked for Donald Trump. They are following that play book, right down to accusations of 'fake news' and denigrating unflattering media. They have weak opposition, they have a country fed up with the status quo, they have a country that is incredibly polarised, thanks among other things to Brexit, and has total disdain for expertise and fact-based arguments, thanks to the play book from the referendum. People have had enough of experts and all that.

Add to that the likelihood of a move from the Tories back to UKIP as reality continues to hit the May administration and they realise they can't deliver on the post-referendum propaganda and it's a nightmare in the making. Leave.EU's propaganda-stream has turned the diarrhea dial up to 11 after May's Florence speech, even though there was nothing especially controversial in it, and their acolytes are duly irate.

We are terrifyingly close to Jeremy Corbyn being in charge of the nation and the clueless ideologue McDonnell, a man who makes Corbyn look neo-liberal, in charge of the Treasury.

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I think people are wising up, that they've seen the absolutely dire situation in Venezuela and they do not want that under a Corbyn led government. He will not make Prime Minister.

If that was the only issue.

I cannot and will not ever get behind such repugnant and vile people and well, if Corbyn does make it to No. 10, I will be chanting "Not my Prime Minister" from the rooftops.
There is no indication that people are wising up to this, and certainly the UK would be unlikely to go the same way as Venezuela. This is the same kind of hyperbole as claiming the UK would go the same way as Greece if we didn't have copious amounts of austerity.

You dislike them for all of this you'd love their Brexit position: it seems to be along the lines of EEA/EFTA - the Norway option - with restrictions on freedom of movement using the existing provisions in the EEA treaty.

YouGov poll published 26th September:

Quote:
The latest YouGov poll for The Times showed Labour on 43%, up one point on a fortnight ago, and showed the Tories down by two points, on 39%. Support for the Liberal Democrats remained unchanged at 7%.