View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 21:26   #387
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Interesting.

Warner Bros Discovery and Disney are now strong enough as they are.

Comcast is getting there so could remain independent unless it decides to split itself up between broadband infeastructure and content.

Sony lacks a streaming arm or US network so a tie-up with Paramount might be logical but could attract a counter-bid from Microsoft, its strong gaming rival.

Google doesn't seem keen on content acquisition yet.
I judge all of this on what Murdoch said and did and if he thought he couldn't compete against the tech giants, then neither can the other companies that you mention.

Amazon and Apple are now involved in sports and this will only increase. Even as big as Comcast and Disney are, they are still tiny compared to Big Tech and will have to sell out to them at some point, I believe.

Google has youtube, so has everyone else's content..., so I don't predict a big move by them onto Hollywood and although Sony has been silent on the issue, I reckon they will succumb to the inevitable at some point too and sell.

Last edited by Horizon; 11-04-2022 at 21:30.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote