Thread: Tivo V6 Retention Dept gone?
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2019, 11:58   #55
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Retention Dept gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
There are new rules coming in that oblige TV and broadband providers to tell their customers about the 'best deals available'.

https://advanced-television.com/2019...st-deal-rules/

I wonder if this will put an end to haggling? After all, if I get a really good deal that beats what is being advertised as 'the best offer', doesn't the deal you've just done become that best offer?

Frankly, I would prefer such a system being in place which does not encourage haggling. At least you know where you are and you have a fairer system where everyone is treated the same.
You could end up with those that are more prudent being penalised by flat pricing and an end to “new customer offers”.

If I can be bothered switching provider every 12 months I don’t see why I should be penalised because others don’t know/don’t want to make the effort. Much like those that continue to pay full whack on their mobile on month 25. Energy providers too.

Implementing this isn’t going to come from the profit lines of Virgin/Sky, it’s going to be from the customer base.

I do think if you are on older packages that are now priced above a new package (undiscounted) you should be automatically transferred.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote