View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 13:32   #254
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Do you know if Freesat has a problem today in G73 area, I had to restart mine with the postcode as it just cut out, then at 5 30 it done it again but it started when I switched it off at the wall and it was ok
That’s a problem with your box, not the satellite. A satellite failure would affect the entire country, not just one postcode, and not just Freesat - Sky customers would notice it too, however it would only affect *some* channels, not all at once, as you are receiving from a number of different satellites to get a full Freesat service.

I have never found Freesat boxes of any brand to be entirely robust. Sometimes they just lock up for no reason, or reboot themselves while you’re trying to watch TV. However I’ve never known one to spontaneously factory-reset so it requires a postcode on restart. That may indicate that your box is on the way out.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote