Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 11:34   #5690
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I don't get what the issue is, we've been locked up for eighteen months, two more weeks just to be certain we don't have to endure it again is very sensible imo

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
Exactly this. It's looking better and better that the link between cases and hospitalisation is broken. Hopefully there will be enough evidence by next week when the decision is made but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a couple of extra weeks to absolutely confirm things and mop up the last few older peoples vaccinations (my second dose is next week for example)

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
El gov has stated that the metric is hospitalisation, not case rates, except to the extent that there’s still a correlation between the two. If evidence continues to build that the vaccine has broken the link between catching covid and being seriously ill with it, the unlocking may proceed as planned, or else be delayed only a week or two.