View Single Post
Old 23-01-2019, 07:59   #522
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Nice to see your definition of "mine was a long term prediction" when there were countless predictions by you before that encompass the last few years , now and the next few years as you seem to be moving the goalposts as to when it suits you..
I think you will need to explain what these 'countless predictions' you are talking about were. It's not my goalposts that are moving, it's your powers of recollection!

I find it quite astounding that some of you on this thread can simply ignore all the evidence from various sources in the media press and the industry itself and stick rigidly to your theories that the status quo is here to stay, with no supporting evidence whatsoever!

Just to be clear, studies are showing that linear viewing of ad-supported TV is not going to grow. As audiences shift to on demand viewing, advertising revenue on our conventional broadcast channels will reduce until ultimately they will no longer be profitable to run in this way. The number of viewers watching OTT services is increasing substantially year on year. The number of SVOD services is also increasing, providing even more viewer choice and showing more starkly the lack of good content on our conventional channels. There are countless links on this and other threads on Cable Forum that demonstrate this.

And your evidence is...?