View Single Post
Old 21-01-2019, 19:23   #518
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
As with any polling data the devil is often in the detail.

https://www.adtaxi.com/blog-roll/201...crease-year-45

We had a similar story last year. Clearly they’re using the event to drum up interest and clicks in their stories. They are also a digital marketing company so not exactly unbiased with regards to how they wish to portray reality (and the future).

Cable TV in the USA must be doing an excellent job if 61% of their user base essentially don’t want the product yet continue to pay every month.

People get set in their ways and it takes a lot to jolt them out of complacency. I know a few people who constantly complain of not having anything to watch. But they don't record much, don't subscribe to a streaming service instead or do anything at all about it. They just continuoisly complain about having nothing to watch.

So it does not surprise me at all that there is that level of dissatisfaction amongst cable subscribers with scheduled pay tv services in the US. It is probably much the same over here, too, judging by the comments people make to me.