View Single Post
Old 20-10-2018, 10:01   #2
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: DVD scart to HDMI - am I barking up the wrong tree?

Quote:
Quote from hduser:

I have a DVD with scart connection I need to connect to a HDMI socket on tv
the DVD has three sockets on output ...Red, Green & Blue

the Adaptor I have has three sockets - Red, Yellow & White

Am I wasting my time?

Answers appreciated
Red and white are audio left and right. The yellow is for composite video.

You need a SCART to composite and audio lead and set the DVD to output composite to the SCART connection. (SCART can feed individual colours if the receiving device can use them)

The RGB connectors on the DVD are to feed individual colours to the TV or other device. This connection allows a better quality picture and the use of progressive scan output. I use this to connect my Sony HDD/DVD to the Sony Bravia.

HTH

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by heero_yuy; 20-10-2018 at 10:03. Reason: welcome
heero_yuy is offline   Reply With Quote