View Single Post
Old 31-01-2006, 22:37   #1
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Thumbs down Virgin.net cancellation

I was with virgin previously- chose them because of the 1month contract as i knew i would only be in the house for 6 months. Cancelled with no problems.

As i tried to get ntl at the new house i didn't migrate virgin, but on their advice signed up again at the new address. I am now moving again so need to cancel after 6 months. The 1 month contract still exists but virgin "reserve the right to charge a £50 cancellation charge within the first 12 months".

I rang to cancel and was told i would be charged £50... i tried for a while to get them to agree not to charge me, but in the end gave up, and asked in what cirurmstances do they not charge, to be told "only when you have been with us 12 months". So the "we reserve the right" actually means "we will". Nice marketing virgin. To top it all off, the women that i spoke to in retentions was bloody rude! if she's on commission she must be earning the square root of bugger all and deservedly so!

so to virgin and their 1 month contracts!
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote