View Single Post
Old 19-02-2018, 00:03   #12
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media WiFi Hotspots. Improvement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
It is one of those things that they need to be able to advertise and keep up with everyone else but as with the shub's it is a half assed job. I can remember when shub1 came out and they knew it didn't work yet they continued to advertise it as having "unbeatable wireless coverage". I saw an advert on tv the other day for BT's January sale and one of their selling points for the BB was access to over 5 million wifi hotspots. VM need to make it look like they are doing something to compete but at the end of the day it is added expense. If they cant get the bugs in the shubs fixed what chance have you got of them making the wifi app etc work?
I agree with all that. I am so happy that I registered a FON router with the FON network about 15 years ago now. As long as I keep sharing my FON hotspot I get access to BTFon hotspots in the UK and other 21 million FON hotspots worldwide. With the phone app I connect seamlessly every time a pass one in the street or visit a friend with BTFon.

Sadly, FON routers can no longer be bought, so I'm hoping mine lasts forever.
roughbeast is online now   Reply With Quote