View Single Post
Old 21-01-2018, 22:18   #26
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Pavement parking fines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Cheap & Reliable are not the only requirements.

The transport would need to go where I actually need it to go, from somewhere near me, and at the times I need it. It could be free and run like clockwork every 15 minutes, but I'm not going to use it if its a 3/4 mile walk away, takes 3 times longer to get anywhere, doesnt go near my workplace, and stops running at midnight.
Exactly. People have cars because it suits their requirement to get to and from where they need to, when they want to.

I'm about 2/3 minutes walk from a decent (around every 5 mins day time) bus route, but it only goes into the city centre, so if I'm not going there, I have to then find another bus out to where I'm going, and even assuming that the destination is on a similar frequency, you still have to walk to the stop then maybe wait for the bus when you're there. Also, going by bus is always going to be slower because unlike a car it needs to stop at bus stops to let people on and off (At least NCT has been exact fare in the city area for as long as I can remember, so no messing around with change).

Now if buses could be customised to provide a door-to-door direct journey... oh wait, there's a smaller version which already exists... a car

nffc is online now   Reply With Quote