Thread: General VMHD site closing down.
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2021, 11:17   #1
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
VMHD site closing down.

It will probably not come as a great surprise to regular visitors to the VMHD site but I've decided it's time to close it. Here's the last post:
After fourteen years and over six million page views , it's time to say goodbye. This will be my last VMHD post.

Fourteen years ago I launched this site to campaign for more HD services on Virgin Media. In 2007 Virgin only carried a few hours of BBC in HD a day. Today, customers have a broad range of HD and 4K services. Mission accomplished.

I'm paying less for better services than I was ten years ago so I imagine I will continue to be a customer for some time. The broadband's very good and the TV is good. To my mind there are still too many services missing from Virgin Media TV (the promised Sky 4k sports, Sky Atlantic, Disney+ all immediately spring to mind) and the migration to 360 looks like it will be painful, but those are for others to write about - I simply don't have the interest or time any more.

Thanks to everyone who has supported VMHD over the years, especially Nigel at VM, Horizon and Media Boy. I'll still be around on Cable Forum, but this is Nialli signing off from VMHD for the last time.

Bye
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote