View Single Post
Old 18-07-2021, 23:58   #31
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Mobile UK Moves to Scrap Pay As You Go Packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
How much data do you get for £3.95 a month as it doesn't seem to say? That looks to be a very good deal as the cheapest that I could find (also with Lebara) worked out at £4.38 a month for 3GB for the first year (£5 per month, with the first 3 months at half price on a one month rolling contract).

Depending on how much data you get it looks like it would be better to use my deal for 3 months then your deal thereafter.

For the moment, 1p Mobile suits me though as this costs £2.50 a month and covers what I need. If my phone/data use increased I would certainly reevaluate the situation.

I did take into account that their data is expensive when used on the odd occasion, but this would be paid for out of credit that would just be sat there doing nothing.

If you take this into account and factor in that any data used is in effect subsidising the cost of the very cheap calls/texts, I still find it to be good value.

It all depends on how much you use your phone and whether this is for data/texts/calls as to which is better for each individual user.

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Oh, this looks to be a brilliant product.

If I get one of these could I put it into my dual SIM phone and only start to use up my 1p Mobile credit when I've exhausted my free monthly data allowance?

Do they warn you when you're about to use up your free allowance? If they don't, perhaps this is how they earn their money.
It looks to be 1GB for the £3.95 plan, so ideal for low users. For a little more it's possible to get a lot more data though.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote